In the last update I typed out how there was no way I would be able to solve the issues with NAir, I ended up solving them the very next day. Whoops.
Turns out it was a “bounding box” problem, but it was a kind of bizarre one. So when the game makes a particle effect, it can take a lot of cpu usage depending on how complex the particle is. To help solve that problem a little bit, you can basically make it so that the computer doesn’t bother rendering the particles unless they’re on screen. In order to do that, you make an invisible box which tells the computer “Whenever this box is on screen, render the particles.”
The problem was that my original bounding box was apparently extremely small. It was so small that the character model blocked it, but only when facing one direction. When facing the other direction (or while moving), the bounding box wasn’t blocked from the camera and the particles rendered. So, mystery solved! After a few other tweaks, NAir ended up working pretty much fine.
In other news(!), I also finished the animations for FAir and UAir. No video for now, but when the final two aerials are finished and they’re all in the game, you can expect a post showcasing all five of them.